Summer Camp Junior Instructor
back to Job Opportunities
The Education Department is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about wildlife and conservation to become part of our summer camp team. This position is a full-time, seasonal position. Applicants must be able to work the full 10 week summer camp period (June 9 – August 15) plus a 4 week training period prior to the start of summer camp (in evenings and on weekends)
- Must be in pursuit of a High School Diploma.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must be able to tolerate working in an outdoor environment.
- Must have detailed knowledge on animals at Miami Seaquarium (will be provided during training).
- Must have good public-speaking skills.
- Should enjoy working around animals and children.
- Experience volunteering or working at Camp Seaquarium previous summers is a plus.
- If the applicant has not volunteered or worked at Camp Seaquarium in the past, then the applicant must have experience working with children or working in a summer camp setting.
- Must hold or obtain certifications in First Aid & child/adult CPR (can be obtained through the Seaquarium if not already certified).
- Fluency in Spanish is desired, but not required.
How to Apply
E-mail cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax cover letter, resume, and application to 305-365-2500.For more information call: 305-361-5705 Ext. 207, 298, or 526.
Individuals meeting the requirements for these openings will be contacted directly for an interview. Positions will remain be opened until filled.
Miami Seaquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.