The "Mommy and Me" program at the Miami Seaquarium is designed to let parents and young children interact and learn about many of our unique animals. Parent and child will bond over animal interactions, an animal presentation, and arts and crafts. For children ages 2-5 years. Classes offered in the 2015 – 2016 year are for annual pass holders.
2016 – 2017 Dates:
- September 21th– 10 a.m. Spaces still available 1 p.m. class is cancelled Coastal Clean-up Collaboration: During this class we’re celebrating International Coastal Clean-up day (the 3rd of September). Children will get the opportunity to feed the manatees, participate in a beach clean-up, make a garden and read a story about making less waste. Let’s teach children about the importance of our planet beginning at a young age!
- October 19th - Picture Perfect Penguins: African Penguins have made a home at Miami Seaquarium. Come visit our feathery friends during this Mommy and Me where kids will create penguin paper plates, interact with one of our birds at the Tropical Wings exhibit and read a story about picture perfect penguins!
- November 16th – Recycling Revolution: America Recycles Day is on November 15th. We have decided to dedicate this Mommy and Me to learning what it means to recycle. Children will make their own planters out of recycled materials, feed the sea turtles and create their own Reef Ranger vests!
- December 21st – Can you Speak Dolphin? Find out how to speak dolphinese! During this class participants will make a whale paper plate, learn about echolocation through an interactive game and get to meet one of our dolphins at Miami Seaquarium.
- January 18th– Fish Tales and Shark Scales: This class will teach toddlers about sharks and fish. Join us in a shark feed, shark hat arts and crafts, invert interaction and fishing time by the water!
- February 15th – When a Manatee is Sick at Sea… - Learn all about our rescue and rehab program through this month’s class. Get the chance to feed the manatees, create arts and crafts and play a game that teaches about what happens when a manatee is sick at sea.
- March 15th – Sea Lion Super Powers - At Miami Seaquarium, we have seals and sea lions who would love to show you their secret super powers! These are the adaptations they have that allow them to live both on land and in the water. Woah! Come learn about these super heroes and even get the chance to meet one of our stars.
- April 26th – Reptile Rangers – These creatures never get enough credit for being the cool and slimy animals they are. We’ve decided to dedicate this class to recognizing all the reptiles at Miami Seaquiarium. Children will get the opportunity to hold a red footed tortoise, leopard gecko, bearded dragon and Argentinian tegu all in one class!!
Cancellation Policy: If there are less than 5 preregistered students the Monday before class, then we will have to cancel that month’s class. You will be able to choose another month to attend or you will be reimbursed at the end of the school year. Individual missed classes are NONREFUNDABLE. You may transfer to a different week.
- Classes are limited to 25 participants with a minimum of 5 participants.
- Classes may be canceled the Monday before class if minimum numbers are not met.
- Meeting location for the program will be at the side gate which is to the right of the ticketing booths and main buildings of the park.
- Attend 5 classes, get the 6th class free.
- If there are less than 5 preregistered students one week before the class then we will have to cancel that month’s class.
- $10 per parent
- $5 for each child or additional parent
Registration and Payment