Miami Seaquarium PR and Social Media Manager
Position Available Immediately
Responsible for managing the public relations/communications efforts for Miami Seaquarium and working with the park’s PR agency to generate positive publicity through community relations activities, the news media, consumer awareness, and social media, while enhancing and protecting the park's image. Serving as the park's primary spokesperson, the successful candidate will be strategic and have the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously, meeting all deadlines and providing leadership and confidence during crisis situations.
In addition to having a strong general PR background, the candidate must have knowledge of social media best practices and trends and have the ability to manage social media channels and platforms. Candidate will also assist with park promotions and marketing efforts in order to meet the Marketing Department goals. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
Other Public Relation duties include:
- Serve as spokesperson and primary media liaison for the company developing strong, positive and personal media relationships with the media through personalized pitches, face-to-face meetings and familiarization tours.
- Write and distribute press releases; liaison with reporters & media outlets; proactive placement of stories with local/regional media outlets and social networking sites.
- Directly handle media requests, including developing pitch materials, prepping company and client spokespersons, and providing media interview support.
- Work closely with the marketing director and the company’s public relations agency of council to ensure proper implementation of all PR initiatives and marketing plan.
- Assist in the PR management of any and all crisis situations at the park.
- Media relations and/or sales representative at tour and travel trade shows.
- Responsible for the production of collateral materials such as video news releases, b-roll footage, photography and other park collateral as well as assists in managing the projects as appropriate.
- Develop compelling stories that describe the park’s rescue, conservation and research efforts on marine life.
- Write Miami Seaquarium position statements, scripts for marketing video projects and assists advertising agency with on-line content for the park's website. Produces video material when required.
- Work with advertising agency in the translation of radio, television and print advertising copy from English to Spanish.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of all e-news campaigns in conjunction with Palace Corporate Marketing.
- Provides agency with updates and changes to website to ensure information is timely and relevant.
- Work with representatives of the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau and VisitFlorida in developing promotional partnerships and providing content for their various platforms
- Work with marketing department to plan, coordinate and execute large-scale events to garner media interest, raise brand awareness and increase visitation.
- Oversee community relations programs including community events and character appearances.
Other Social Media duties include:
- Strong background in social media, experience with Facebook promotions and contests a plus
- Serve as social media agent by actively engaging with fans on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms, while also looking for creative and out-of-the-box promotions for fans on these outlets.
- Ability to integrate traditional and social public relations programs, including but not limited to blogger outreach, press room optimization, online and social press releases, content distribution, and other initiatives as directed.
- Familiarity managing review spaces included but not limited to TripAdvisor and Yelp.
- Experience working with blogger networks.
- Knowledge of social media legal and contest guidelines a plus.
- Familiarity with social media management tools.
- Ability and experience to offer recommendations regarding where the Park should focus its energy and resources in the social space.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications or related field supplemented by two to four years of professional experience in public relations and/or marketing, preferably in the entertainment field and with previous experience as a company spokesperson, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Bilingual - Speak Spanish fluently for on camera interviews; strong writing skills for translation of ad copy material.
- Strong understanding of the media and experience interacting with reporters, editors, producers and assignment editors.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an independent environment with minimum supervision and deliver against set goals.
- Strong time and project management skills and experience.
- Exceptional written, proof reading and oral communication skills, experience in public presentations. Must feel comfortable on camera acting as parks spokesperson.
- Flexible schedule- must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays during special events and peak seasons.
- Some travel required.
- Proficient in basic business software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and comfortable with ·learning new software and corporate applications.
- Basic understanding of multimedia production and video/photo software preferred
- Collaborative work approach and positive demeanor; a team player
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to pass a background check,
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Cristina Rodriguez at email@example.com
Miami Seaquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.